Mother’s Day is a big deal for us right now. We made our upcoming adoption official and public just yesterday. And now we have 4 adorable photos of our new son to moon over. JUST in time for the big day! Everything is coming up Christie.
There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.
I have many good mothers to thank for the part they play in my life. Not perfect, but in the messiness of life they are doing the best they can. And for that I am grateful!
Here are a few of the lessons they have taught me along the way…
- Thank you Mom – for your unflagging optimism. You’ve taught me to have faith.
- Thank you Grandma – for your passion for our heritage. You’ve taught me the value of story.
- Thank you Mom-in-law – for your generosity. You’ve taught me to give lavishly.
- Thank you Grandma-in-law – for your kindness. You’ve taught me to be gentle with people.
- Thank you StepMom-in-law – for your strength. You’ve taught me to advocate for the ones I love.
- Thank you Foster Mom – for your devotion to children. You are teaching me about sacrificial love.
- Thank you Birth Mom – for your love and effort. You are on my mind most of all right now. I can’t imagine how difficult this day will be for you. Regardless of everything else that has happened in your life, you truly wanted to do right by S. You gave our son life, and that’s the best gift of all!
This one makes me so sad that my Mom doesn’t live closer by, so that I can explain Skype and web cameras to her, again.
If you can hang in there through the 2 brats hurling verbal abuse at one another, you will reach the prize. The prize being Mr.T in tube socks and short shorts doing a rap about Mothers.
Everything you ever wanted to know about Mother’s Day… and then some, to be honest.
So here’s me, thankful for all the good moms in my life. And frankly, kind of relieved that we’re, none of us, expected to be perfect.